Siem Reap floating villages are one of the main attraction to see in Siem Reap.
The boat ride on Tonle Sap Lake is nice especially when sunset. There are many landmarks their such as bird sanctuary, fish farm, crocodile farm, fisherman and many others.
Tonle Sap Lake is the biggest lake in south east Asia and in Cambodia.
Siem Reap Floating Villages
There are many floating village points in Siem Reap such as:
- Kampong Phluk is a commune and village in Siem Reap Province in Cambodia. It is a located on Tonle Sap. Its name means “Harbor of the Tusks”. Read more about Kampong Phluk.
- Kampong Khleang is a floating village in Siem Reap. It is very stunning when you see the people’s livelihood with the oxcart ridding tour event and the best sunset. It is located a bit further compared to Kampong Phluk. Read more about Kampong Khleang.
- Chong Kneas is a floating village which is nearly but it is not recommended and not as spectacular as the others. It is smaller and there is not many places to see. Read more about Chong Kneas.
- Prek Toal is another floating village but it is known as bird sanctuary. It is the biggest bird sanctuary in Tonle Sap Lake. It is great for a boat ride as well. Read more about Prek Toal.
- Mechrey is a boat ride and bird sanctuary also. Its landscape is similar to Prek Toal. Read more about Mechrey .