Siem Reap floating villages are one of the main attraction to see in Siem Reap.
The boat ride on Tonle Sap Lake is nice especially when sunset. There are many landmarks their such as bird sanctuary, fish farm, crocodile farm, fisherman and many others.
Tonle Sap Lake is the biggest lake in south east Asia and in Cambodia.
Siem Reap Floating Villages
There are many floating village points in Siem Reap such as:
- Kampong Phluk is a commune and village in Siem Reap Province in Cambodia. It is a located on Tonle Sap. Its name means “Harbor of the Tusks”. The village is fantastic and the mangrove forest is a highlight of this tour. which contributed greatly to our understanding of what life is like in this village. Was a real eye opener for us to see how this community lives. Conditions are harsh but the villagers are creative and innovative and make do with very little. One of the most interesting places we visited throughout our time in Southeast Asia. The best part of the trip was the rowing boat at the mangrove forest…beautiful.
- Kampong Khleang is a floating village in Siem Reap. It is very stunning when you see the people’s livelihood with the oxcart ridding tour event and the best sunset. It is located a bit further compared to Kampong Phluk.
- Chong Kneas is a floating village which is nearly but it is not recommended and not as spectacular as the others. It is smaller and there is not many places to see.
- Prek Toal is another floating village but it is known as bird sanctuary. It is the biggest bird sanctuary in Tonle Sap Lake. It is great for a boat ride as well.
- Me Chrey is a boat ride and bird sanctuary also. Its landscape is similar to Prek Toal.